Sunday, May 22, 2011

Never a dull moment around my house....

There never seems to be a dull moment around the house. It is always one thing or another. I came home the other day to my dog missing.... That is not the unusual. This time was particularly odd because Millie decided to jump the fence with her her collar on. I can only imagine she about killed herself with this stunt, but she managed to slip out of her collar and survive. Oh the joys of my dog.




Such an awesome dog!




The behind the scenes side of this story is that since her collar was not on, and she got out, finding her was a challenge. Luckily she is known around the neighborhood so she was returned home shortley.

Days Later I came out to go to work and found a very LARGE dead bird behind my car. It was so sad. I am not talking a small little bird that fell from the trees, this was a huge bird. After further examination, I found out that there was a huge gash in the bird. Probably guessing this is why he was dead, but I wonder what happened.


And yes I was sad....

Caution: This picture is kind of gross




I was really sad and Millie kept trying to move and play with the bird. Since garbage day had just happened I didn't want to throw the bird in the trash and have it sit for a week and rot, so I thought I would bury it when I got home from work. I put it in a box and put the box in my carport. Apon returning from work, I found the box tipped over and the bird gone. The whole thing was just gone. It was crazy! So much for burying it.

1 comment:

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Sad! But then happy because I'm telling myself it was faking it's death, and then escaped. That bird is a hero.