Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Did I fail Geography??

So I have been working on a project for work for the last two days. It is for the work Draft, which basically is a number system they use to let their reps pick their summer areas. We are in the process of converting everything over to a web based system so I have spent the last two days staring at a map of the US and making sure all the borders are accurate for their summer offices. With some 150 offices it has taken me forever. Anyway I am beginning to realize that I am horrible with Geography. Apparently Mr. Critchlow (that is a guess on my 7Th grade geography teacher) didn't do a very good job. I find myself staring at the map wonderful where hell Parsippany, Overland Park, Reston, Fayetteville, Harrisburg, Hickory and oh so many more cities are. One things I always do know when I begin my search is that it is one of these many boxes. Helpful right.... wrong.


I feel so lost concerning the map. I know these aren't well known cities, but I have NO clue where to start looking. So thanks to Google I have been able to narrow it down. I will say that the program Map Point is awesome and I enjoy the zoom feature. Anyway as I work my way to the eastern cities I just cringe, because it is a cluster of a mess on the map. On top of not knowing where the city is located I have a hard time finding the state boarders due to this map.

Needless to say it has given me a nice refresher course on geography 101. This project has spurred my desire to visit some cities..... I can't complain because I have been so blessed as far as traveling. I have been to so many wonderful places throughout the world. I have done my fair share of traveling in Europe and other countries, but there are some US cities that really have my interest lately. Anyway just a few are San Fransisco, Seattle, Portland, New Orleans, Chicago, Cleveland, Baltimore, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington DC. One day hopefully I get to make it to most of these places. Top two cities at this point are San Fransisco and Washington DC. Vacation anyone???

2 comments:

bikeral01 said...

no bf hug? it's an exciting town, and there's so much to do there, i mean it's the home of the world's largest thermometer!

bikeral01 said...

that was supposed to be a "huh" instead of a "hug" oops, that's what happens at 4:30 in the morning..